Lamb Tales

"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." –- Miriam Beard; Stories of a boy and a girl, their four-legged friends and their everyday adventures.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Africa Bound

Despite the lack of posts, it has been a busy year for this Lamb household, but not too much traveling. Until now.... This week I leave for Tanzania to spend 17 days doing mission work. I firmly believe that the women with whom we spend most of our time will give to me much more than I can give to them, and I am so very grateful for this opportunity. There are 12 women total in our group from North America, two of whom have already left.


Travel plans - Charlotte --> Dulles --> London --> Nairobi --> Dar es Salaam --> Tabora

I'm tired just thinking about it....



The map shows Dar es Salaam, on the coast where we will initally fly into. Then we will fly into Tabora, about a two hour flight into the country.

I hope to be able to post some while we are there, but it depends on what we have access to. We will return with plenty of pictures, many stories of adventure and blessings beyond belief, I am sure.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Have a wonderful trip!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Cindy L said...

Many prayers and blessings for you, Whitney!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home