Lamb Tales

"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." –- Miriam Beard; Stories of a boy and a girl, their four-legged friends and their everyday adventures.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Farmer Lambs in Nebraska

There are no pictures to document our story, but the Lambs participated in some heavy duty farm work during our vacation last week. We were the best cow wranglin', fence buildin', race watchin' folks this side of the Mississippi.....okay, maybe not. But I think that we learned a bit about breeding cattle and hopefully we were at least a little bit helpful. :)
It was a wonderful experience to finally see where I was born, at an age when I will remember the trip. My Godparents are some of the best people in the world and made Mark and I feel completely at home. I wish I had pictures of Mark and I covered in cow poop and mud, but perhaps the experience is better just in the telling of it. We have made some special relationships with some very special people and hope to return there soon.





The sign says it all, really. These are some very hard working people who have very big hearts. We have never experienced such a feeling of true community as we did out there.











The Lambs and the Behmer's.













In front of the house to which my parents brought me when I was born....the dog is the current resident. :)










Nebraska sunset










Rusty the dog cooling off in the water tank.












Farmer Mark - the clean version.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Wow, I've never seen a pic of you and Mark next to each other -- geez he makes you look like a shrimp. ;0 Glad you had a good time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home