Lamb Tales

"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." –- Miriam Beard; Stories of a boy and a girl, their four-legged friends and their everyday adventures.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

The end of the year is upon us and I thought I should recap the last small adventures of the year before it is all over.

November: Road trip to Ohio; Mark's b-day
Thanksgiving traffic is a great deal of fun and I recommend everyone experience it before they die. The four of us kids traveled to small town Ohio to visit my parents for Thanksgiving since they have relocated. Mark, Dad and I checked out the local brewery, which had great food and then went to find some Black Friday deals at KMart. The rest of the weekend was a lot of eating and sitting around....














A part of the murals that have been painted on the flood wall along the Ohio River. I had the chance to walk along the wall in October and it is a neat project.
















The big news around town was the opening of the brand new bridge that connects the town to a town in Kentucky.

Mark's b-day party was also a highlight in November. It was no exception to the rest of the parties we have had this past year: RAINY.
Plan: Outdoor bonfire
Outcome: Mud

















December: 4-Wheelin'

We started off my Christmas break this year with another adventure in the mountains, this time in a couple of Suzukis. Mark has tried to convince me that all of the car parts in the basement and in my yard truly add up to a lot of fun when you actually put them all together.... so, I decided to go with him and a couple of our friends and try out the theory. We had a great time and I am looking forward to the day that our own Suzuki might be driveable. :)































And here I am looking on from the safety of solid ground while the men folk decide the best route to take to avoid getting stuck or breaking something....
The weather was gorgeous and it was a great way to start my vacation.

I'll start off the new year by flying to Florida to visit my best friend and the new house she just bought. As dad has commented, you just give me a few days off and I'll be trying to travel somewhere....More adventures in the new year, I am sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home