Lamb Tales

"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." –- Miriam Beard; Stories of a boy and a girl, their four-legged friends and their everyday adventures.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Mozart Mass and Miles of Walking





Sunday morning we spent an hour in the Jesuitenkirche listening to a Mozart Mass. I am happy to report that I was able to understand the scripture verses and bits and peices of the sermon! I spent the hour in utter amazement of where I was and what I was hearing. One of the best ways to spend a Sunday morning, I have to say. The church is in the picture on the right.

We walked miles and miles last week around the city and ate incredibly well in between. Richard, the coffee breaks were at least a half hour every morning of the conference. I was glad to get back home and have a full cup of coffee, though. Every single cup I had was very tiny. We alaso had a coffee break in the afternoon, and they were pretty upset if they missed their after-lunch coffee.

Oh, and the house on the left, above, is for sale, in case any of you are interested. :)

On the right is another church in the city.


Schoenbrunn Palace on the only rainy afternoon that we had. The weather was warm and sunny the whole week!

And, of course, the most important sighting of the week was t he following street sign:


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Charlotte Fairchild said...

It is nice to go somewhere and see a meaningful sign! I think it is a sign you will return one day!

I am so thankful I could stay with you and Mark for the conference before you went to Austria, because I know that the more layers of activity are added, the more exhaustion and resources you have to deal with.

Are you both going to the UK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home